On Easter Sunday, we will host three services for our church family and community. The times of these services will be 8:30, 9:45, and 11:00 a.m. Subsequently, we will not be having Sunday school that day.
We are asking all people who would call Metropolitan their church family to engage in several ways that day.
- Pray. Please pray for our service that Sunday. Pastor John will be preaching from 1 Peter 2:21-25 a message entitled “Life after Death.” The gospel will be presented with clarity as we rejoice with the new life we have because of Christ’s resurrection.
- Invite. Researcher and church leader Thom Rainer routinely states that as much as 80% of the unchurched will attend a church service when invited? Sadly, only about 2% of the churched regularly invite others to attend. We are asking each family to prayerfully consider who they can invite to the church that day.
- Bring. Should your invitation be received, bring them and their family to church! This can be as simple as meeting them at your house, at a Starbucks, or even in the church parking lot. We often lose sight of how intimidating church can be for newcomers. Many do not attend church because they are intimidated, feel out of place, or feel unworthy. You can change this.
- Serve. There are many different ways to serve on Easter. The most obvious way you can serve is to attend a service and then serve during another one. We will have needs in children’s church (contact Beth Click at firstname.lastname@example.org), greeters (contact Matt Menhennett at email@example.com), and in the hospitality room (contact Cindy Katterson at firstname.lastname@example.org). Other ways you can serve are less obvious (per Thom Rainer):
- Pray as you enter the property.
- Park at the most distant spot available.
- Greet people.
- Look for people to help.
- Sit as close as possible to the front of the worship center.
- Sit in the middle.
- Sit closely.
- Volunteer to serve.
- Pray as you leave.
- Follow up. If you bring a guest, follow up with a simple text message or email. Invite them to return as well. Know that Pastor John and Kristina will once again welcome any guests into their home in May. However you do it, the point is to follow up and say thank you for attending.