Keith Getty is a composer of “modern hymns,” many of which have been co-written by his wife, Kristyn, and long-time writing partner, Stuart Townend. Perhaps their most famous hymn is “In Christ Alone.” Through their ministry they seek to teach Christian doctrine and create music that connects traditional and classical forms with contemporary styles of melodies that can easily be sung by all. Their desire is to help Christians know how worship can transform your life, family and church.
One way to accomplish this is through the Sing! 2019 Music Conference. This conference will be held in Nashville, TN, August 19-21. Metropolitan is planning to take a group for an inspiring time of worship, teaching, and encouragement. The conference website explains it this way:
This year’s theme, “Sing! The Life of Christ,” will focus on how the Gospel shapes worship in the home and in the church. Discussions this year include the Incarnation, the Radical Life of Christ, the Uniqueness of Christ in a Postmodern World, the Atonement, the Suffering & Death of Jesus, the Explosive Power of the Resurrection, Singing & Evangelism, the Great Commission and many other exciting topics. There are over 30 speakers who will share in the main sessions and individual workshops.
Highlights of this year’s conference include:
- Seven essential plenary session talks
- A city-wide hymn-sing at the Grand Ole Opry House
- The debut of the Getty’s new Christmas concert
- A sing-through of Handel’s Messiah
- A 13,000 person arena event singing in the round, with special guests John Piper, Joni Eareckson Tada, Trip Lee and a 1000 voice choir!
- Breakout sessions (50+) designed to impart practical ministry wisdom and experience
- Practical and inspiring ideas on how your church can celebrate Christmas, Easter, and other elements of the Church year
If you would like to go to this conference, contact Pastor Jeff Lawson as soon as possible to let him know of your interest and to get more information. It will be well worth your time to be a part of this great event.